Are you thinking of delivering your baby in a unique way? Would you rather choose water birth to welcome your precious girl or boy? This may not be a difficult decision to make if you are really interested, but even though, you must first find out the benefits of giving birth on water.
There are plenty of ways on how to make baby delivery on water easy. You do not necessarily have to go by details regarding the sitting and standing position. That will come next right after you make the final decision. So, what we only need to concentrate now are the cautions, considerations and benefits of water birth, which will help you decide if you really go for water birth or not.
Condition of the Pregnant Matters
Water birth is not advisable for women who have already undergone multiple births. This also includes mothers who delivered twins. But, in the case of a mother with twin birth, this is a possible method only if the doctor recommends it. That’s why it is important to take the doctor’s advice before going any further.
In addition, this method of birth delivery is not good for a soon-to-be mother if she has infection. You must pay a visit to your doctor and ensure you are negative of any maternal infections. To add that, excessive bleeding is also one cause of not taking water birth.
Another case in which water birth is not recommended is when you have an experience delivering premature baby. It is definitely a no-no to try giving birth on water if the previous baby delivery happened before your due.
The Fun and Beneficial Sides
Water has always been a good source of relief, comfort, and relaxation that can really provide soothing effects to the body. That is why most women think about water birth as a wonderful experience to welcome a new member in the family. So, what are the benefits of delivering a baby boy or girl with water?
1. Water is able to lower the woman’s body weight. This fact can give you a free position and comfortable movement during labor.
2. It can also regulate or lower the high blood pressure of the mother when soaked in warm water.
3. This element has the ability to make the perineum of the mother a more relaxed and elastic.
4. It relaxes the pregnant woman mentally and physically. This makes her undergo labor much easier and less stressful when on water.
5. It circulates the blood of the mother-to-be and provides a much better uterine contraction. This can result with less pain for the mother, while the baby receives more oxygen.
Not all women are very much interested to try water birth, because they are scared. The truth of the matter is that they do not know the real benefits of this method. However, after learning the benefits, and without anything to consider from the hindrances mentioned above, it is certainly a good decision to try for your next baby delivery. Another good motivation you can try is to find people or read stories about water birth experiences. You need to know if they have learned something wonderful, which can make you feel more encouraged. Just remember to take the tip and approval of your doctor before finalizing your option.